The team provides world-class legal advice on most complex issues in project financing and public-private partnerships (PPPs).
Our lawyers have advised on a number of Greenfield and infrastructure projects with total value of over USD 70 billion.
The team advises public and private sectors and international financial institutions in such areas as:
- transport (motorways and railways, metro and light rail, bridges and tunnels, seaports and airports);
- water and waste utilities (water supply and treatment, waste recycling and incineration);
- recreation and sports infrastructure (theme parks, hotels, resorts, stadiums, ice rinks, etc.);
- energy (nuclear, conventional, hydro- and alternative energy, as well as power transmission infrastructure);
- industrial enterprises (Greenfield and Brownfield);
- complex development of territories (including multi-regional projects);
- social infrastructure (hospitals and other healthcare facilities, schools, etc.).
In the area of PPP, our services include:
- On a planning stage, we advise on the scope of each scheme, determine the project's size, consult regarding the project model to be used, identify budget and timetable risks on delivery and help assess market capacity in terms of the availability of bidders (for procurers), funders and advisers.
- For procurers, we help evaluate the state of infrastructure, available funding for capital investment, and consult on ways to achieve “value for money”.
- For potential project bidders, we assist in determining project risks. We advise on proper methods of risk allocation, on ways to optimise project returns and arrange project finance. We advise on risk management and on how to deal with certain specifics such as insurance, funding and legislation developments.
- During PPP procurement and bidding process, we help procurers advertise projects, evaluate tenders, de-select bidders, and assist them in taking the project to a financial close. For bidders, we help in forming pre-qualification teams and drafting tender submission documents.
- On all stages of each PPP project, we draft relevant legal documentation, including (but not limited to) concession/project agreements (authorizations and warranties, terms, service obligations, maintenance, payment, insurance and dispute resolution, indemnities, termination and compensation, third party rights, etc.), financing documentation, construction contracts, sub-contracting documentation, facilities management contracts and ancillary documents, etc.