On 27 January 2023, the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine adopted a Resolution approving a new procedure to reserve conscripts.
We expect that the text of Resolution will be published shortly, but the preliminary novelties are already known, as the following:
- from the military side the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine will approve the lists of conscripts to be reserved
- 50% of the company's conscripts at the time of submission of the list are subject to reservation, and in case of justified need the number may exceed 50%
- the reason for refusal to include the conscript to the special military register is determined
- miliary liable directors and their deputies as well as employees of enterprises, institutions and organizations of the fuel and energy complex, the list of which has been approved by the Ministry of Energy of Ukraine, are subject to reservation irrespective of their military rank, age and military professional specialization
- the list of conscripts to be reserved and the justification for it should be submitted to the initiating body together with the statement that includes a number of the military liable employees in the approved form
- companies that are critically important for the functioning of the economy and for ensuring the life of the population during the special period must indicate the date of adoption and the number of the decision to recognize them as such
- the company is recognized as critically important for the functioning of the economy and for ensuring the life of the population during the special period based on the 7 key criteria
- the ground to recognize the company as critically important for the functioning of the economy and for ensuring the life of the population during the special period is that it must meet 3 or more criteria, and in some areas – 2 or more criteria
The Resolution comes into force on the day of its official publication.
Asters will monitor the situation and inform on the details of the new procedure and its stages.
For further information, please contact Asters' Counsels Yuna Potomkina, Anton Sintsov and Inesa Letych.