Yuriy Kotliarov leads the firm's Telecommunications, Media & Technology practice. He focuses on strategic legal advice, licensing and other regulatory matters, relations with public authorities, transactions structuring, business and assets protection, corporate law and governance, and dealing with employer-employee relations.
Yuriy has an extensive experience in consultancy and telecommunications, including 9 years as Head of Legal Department at Ukrtelecom, Ukraine's biggest telecom operator. He was admitted to the bar in 1999.
Yuriy Kotliarov actively participates in lawmaking processes, advises industry associations and public authorities, and is a frequent speaker at professional conferences and seminars.
– launch and implementation of Internet access service, development of statutory regulation for paperless subscriber contracts and elaboration of relevant business model;
– lawmaking activity, privatization support, etc.
– introduction in Ukraine of first 3G mobile operator, first inter-company radio spectrum reallocation process, and provision of mobile operator pre-sale support services;
– elaboration and implementation of legal models for inter-operator relations;
– support of foreign investor loan restructuring;
– creation of telecom product models in convergence with media;
– elaboration and implementation of corporate governance model, resolution of corporate conflicts;
– nation-wide restructuring and support of global employee rightsizing;