On 1 September 2022, 11 new state building standards (hereafter – "SBS") which significantly changed regulation on safety of buildings and structures, resistance and stability, energy efficiency, barrier-free accessibility, environmental requirements, fire safety aspects came into force.
The new SBS are listed below:
SBS are obligatory for any construction activity.
Updates are aimed at:
- ensuring the fulfilment of basic requirements for buildings and structures, in particular regarding mechanical resistance and stability, fire safety, hygiene, health and environmental protection, safety and accessibility during operation, energy saving and energy efficiency during the entire life cycle of the object
- ensuring accessibility and inclusiveness of residential and public spaces, which is extremely important due to number of disabled people due to war
- use of building information modelling (BIM) technologies
- establishment of modern requirements for such facilities as refrigerators, warehouses, silos for grain
- requirements on content of the environmental impact assessment (as a part of the project design for new construction, reconstruction and capital repair of the buildings and structures of any purpose and their complexes), determination the list of the potential environmentally dangerous influence
For more information, please contact Asters` Counsel Anzhelika Livitska and Associate Victoria Kurus.