Asters got the title "The most socially responsible law firm in Ukraine" from the annual PLS Top Teams research held by Legal Practice weekly. In 2020 two law firms, Asters and Sayenko Kharenko were awarded this title.
Asters has always viewed corporate social responsibility as an important part of its mission. The firm’s support of charitable and educational projects, as well as Ukrainian visual art and music includes:
- since 2009 - ArtAsters project (jointly with USUBC) promoting Ukrainian art;
- since 2013 – EBA Legal School (a free of charge legal educational project within the European Business Association);
- since 2015 - comprehensive pro bono legal support of the Tabletochki Charity Fund;
- since 2018 - support as a general partner of the Law School of the Ukrainian Catholic University (UCU);
- since 2020 - DobroRun charity race (jointly with Tabletochki Charity Fund) which in 2020 raised over UAH 1.1 million to fight children's cancer;
- since 2020 - support as institutional partner of the Kyiv School of Economics;
- in 2020 - Asters and its employees contributed UAH 1.4 million in financial aid for tackling the coronavirus pandemics.
"In today's socially challenging circumstances corporate social responsibility becomes a natural necessity for any business," – comments Asters Senior Partner Armen Khachaturyan. "We are glad that so many Ukrainian law firms share this understanding and actively launch and support social initiatives. We at Asters do this certainly not for the awards, but we are grateful to Legal Practice for recognition of our efforts and thank our peers from Sayenko Kharenko for their efforts which have been equally recognized."
Based on the PLS Top Teams 2020 research Asters marketing department was recognized as the best marketing department of the law firm in Ukraine while Asters Marketing Director Victoria Yesaulenko was recognized as the best marketer of a full-service law firm.
Asters is the largest law firm in Ukraine with offices in Kyiv, Washington D.C., Brussels and London. Chambers Europe 2020 recognizes 21 lawyers of Asters – the largest number of the renowned practitioners in a single Ukrainian law firm.