Anzhelika Livitska will contribute to drafting of the Urban Development Code of Ukraine
Asters Counsel Anzhelika Livitska has joined the Working Group of the Committee on the Development of the Urban Development Code of Ukraine. The main tasks of the Working Group include:
- systematization of the legislative acts, drafting a single codified act with Ukrainian laws in the field of urban development
- considering interests of all urban development stakeholders and creating fair balance between them
- focusing on the best European practices in drafting the Urban Development Code of Ukraine, considering the intentions of Ukraine to join the EU
- development of the concept and draft of the Urban Development Code of Ukraine
The new Urban Development Code is expected to help with:
- codification of the existing construction legislation to remove all existing conflict of laws rules
- simplification of the existing procedures in the field of construction
- increasing the trust of foreign developers and investors in Ukraine by considering European experience
- well-balanced dialogue between the business and the government related to the interests of private and public sectors during the construction
Anzhelika Livitska has over 25 years of experience in advising on real estate and construction, energy, and natural recourses issues. She focuses on Ukrainian and European land law, legal due diligence as well as provides comprehensive legal support to the construction projects.
Anzhelika is highly recommended by the international and national legal rankings. She was recognized as "Ukraine Lawyer of the Year in Construction" by IBUILD 2021, an annual award organized by the Confederation of Builders of Ukraine.