According to Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine “On Liquidation of the State Architectural and Construction Inspection and Amendments of Some Resolutions of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine” No. 218 dated 13 March 2020, the State Architectural and Construction Inspection (SACI) was liquidated and a new central executive authority, namely State Urban Planning Service of Ukraine (SUPSU) was founded.
The tasks of the SUPSU would be the following:
- provision (receipt, registration), refusal to issue or annulment (abolishment) of documents that provide the right to carry out preparatory and construction works; and
- commissioning of the completed construction.
In addition, by Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine “On Optimization of the Authorities of the State Architectural and Construction Control and Supervision” No. 219 dated 13 March 2020, other two central executive authorities were created:
- State Urban Planning Inspection of Ukraine, which will be responsible for state policy in respect of state architectural and construction control and supervision; and
- State Agency for the Technical Regulation in Urban Planning of Ukraine, which will regulate technical issues in the construction sphere.
The activities of the newly founded authorities will be coordinated by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine through the Minister for Development of Communities and Territories of Ukraine.
This reform will take some time. In accordance with the above-mentioned resolutions, the reform algorithm will be as follows:
- March 2020 – liquidation of SACI and foundation of SUPSU.
- June 2020 – foundation of State Urban Planning Inspection of Ukraine and launch of a new registry.
- September 2020 – launch of State Agency for Technical Regulation in Urban Planning of Ukraine.
For more information, please contact Asters Counsel Anzhelika Livitska