Asters' Counsels Marta Halabala, Yuna Potomkina and Viktoriya Demydenko participated in the 2nd international exhibition and conference ReBuild Ukraine powered by Energy that took place on 14-15 November 2023 in Warsaw, Poland.
The event, under the patronage of the Ministry of Energy of Ukraine and with the support of core ministries of EU partner countries, gathered 500+ businesses from 30+ countries to showcase the latest technologies and products to support Ukrainian partners. The participants also discussed the possibilities of securing important funding from international institutions for the reconstruction of Ukrainian communities, helping to restore critical infrastructure damaged during the Russia's full-scale invasion.
- EU Support: EU countries have established a special fund to provide support to national investors interested in contributing to Ukraine through insurance, equity or debt financing
- Energy Independence: The event highlighted the vital role of energy independence from aggressor state and the need to transition away from fossil fuels, both as a security and environmental imperative to fortify the energy grid of every state
- Private Investments: Emphasis was placed on the significance of private investments in Ukraine's reconstruction, despite ongoing challenges during times of war
- Recovery: Full recovery is only possible after victory. However, it is important to act now: to conduct research, select partners, choose the form of presence and understand the culture, context. The task is to rebuild better, taking into account the principles of circular economy, sustainability, efficiency and innovation. Reforms, transparency in construction, procurement and the use of public funds and risk insurance are key to reconstruction
- Sustainable Infrastructure: In order to create an energy-independent market in Ukraine, a sustainable approach to rebuilding the country's energy infrastructure is essential
- Challenges and Engagement: Despite persistent challenges, private companies are actively engaged, recognising the importance of contributing to Ukraine's recovery
Asters is the largest full-service law firm in Ukraine with offices in Kyiv, Brussels, London, and Washington, D.C. The firm has access to over 125 jurisdictions through a well-developed network of partner law firms. Asters and its lawyers consistently receive recognition by the leading international rankings, namely Chambers & Partners, The Legal 500 EMEA, IFLR1000, GAR1000, GCR100, The Lawyer, Best Lawyers, Who’s Who Legal.