We advise the leading companies in the industry:
- VimpelCom, a leading international telecommunications holding and Kyivstar's parent, on a 2.2 billion USD eurobond issue by its subsidiary VimpelCom Holdings B.V.;
- AT&T on the legal framework for the provision of VoIP services in Ukraine;
- Telenor, a leading provider of telecommunications services worldwide, on the regulatory aspects of various telecommunications services in Ukraine, including satellite network services, 3G licensing, and the regulation of mobile operators in Ukraine;
- Asters' litigators were instructed by Telenor in its multijurisdictional dispute regarding corporate governance at Kyivstar, the leading Ukrainian mobile operator;
- TeliaSonera International Carrier, a global provider of cross-border and domestic communication services, on a variety of telecom issues;
- Linx Telecommunications, a Netherlands-based company operating in the Baltic states, Poland and Russia, on issues related to regulatory requirements for the provision of IP-telephony services in Ukraine;
- MCI on various legal issues of data transmission in Ukraine and in representing it in negotiations with a Ukrainian telecom service provider in connection with Internet Service Supply Agreements, frame relay (FRS), and IPL Services.
- NTT on telecom regulatory issues in connection with providing IP-VPN services in Ukraine, licensing procedures, issues of encryption licensing, certification, use of frequencies, and audio-text services.
- Industrial Media Network (IMN), the leading Ukrainian Internet provider operating under the IP-net trademark, on various aspects of licensing, corporate law, contracts, labour law, taxation, antitrust legal matters pertaining to a corporate restructuring, and the conclusion of a Shareholders Agreement.
- advising on matters of application of legal models for business operations or individual projects, in particular, telecom services, cloud services, data storage and processing, IT, TV, online distribution, gaming platforms, blockchain, information resources, content creation and distribution, motion pictures;
- advising on comprehensive regulatory matters, including licensing and permits; regulatory compliance;
- advising on cybersecurity, data collection, data storage and data processing; control of compliance with international regulations, in particular, General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR);
- advising on and creation of strategies for protection of business interests in competition matters;
- protection of intellectual property rights;
- advising on corporate law and governance;
- business and assets protection;
- structuring of transactions, including inter-operator relations; creation, transfer and implementation of technologies and software; product placement; producer agreements and sponsorship agreements;
- elaboration of interaction strategies and representation in relations with public authorities (including National Commission for the State Regulation of Communications and Informatization (NCCIR), National Council for Television and Radio Broadcasting of Ukraine, State Service for Special Communication and Information Protection of Ukraine, Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine, and law enforcement agencies).
We are intensively involved in the industry lawmaking processes and advise industry associations and public authorities.