Asters is recognised in all practice areas researched for Ukraine by international legal ranking Chambers Global 2022. Nine individuals are ranked as leaders in their fields – the largest number of the renowned practitioners in a single Ukrainian law firm.
Banking & Finance practice is considered as market leader being ranked as Band 1. It has exceptional experience of working for international lenders as well as handling debt restructurings, banking M&A instructions. On the individual side, the ranking acknowledges 4 legal practitioners in this field:
- Senior Partner Armen Khachaturyan is ranked as "Eminent Practitioner" for significant expertise in financing transactions, including loan restructuring
- Partner Iryna Pokanay is recognised for significant experience in financing and refinancing as well as trade and syndicated loan matters and is praised by one of the clients as "a strong lawyer whom I really like"
- Partner Roman Stepanenko is recommended for his regular assistance with project financing and export financing as well as general lending and restructuring and
- Counsel Gabriel Aslanian is recognized for his assistance with a variety of financing matters, in particular for his visibility in advising international developmental banks on their lending in Ukraine
Asters' Corporate and M&A is considered as one of the largest and the most established teams in Ukraine, boasting an impressive track record of transactions. The ranking highly appreciates the achievements of Senior Partner Armen Khachaturyan who is ranked as Eminent Practitioner for wealth of expertise in the field. The client says: "He is an excellent relationship partner and has a strong amount of knowledge. He can get down to the nitty-gritty of a deal too".
Dispute Resolution team is ranked both for International (Band 1) and Domestic (Band 2) work. The ranking mentions that Asters houses comprehensive disputes expertise spanning litigation, arbitration and white-collar crime. On the individual side, the ranking acknowledges 5 practitioners in this practice area:
- Having a well-established reputation in the Ukrainian legal market, Co-Managing Partner Oleksiy Didkovskiy is ranked as Eminent Practitioner (International). Sources say: "He's truly amazing in how he operates the business. He's a really effective lawyer."
- Partner Markiyan Kliuchkovskyi is acknowledged as Band 1 (International) for his experience representing clients in investment and commercial international arbitration across a range of jurisdictions. He is described as a "very positive and knowledgeable person"
- Partner Gleb Bialyi is recognised for an extensive amount of expertise representing local and international clients in various commercial disputes in court. The source says: "Gleb Bialyi has a good sense for sound strategy"
- Partner Andriy Pozhidayev is recognised for his work relating to disputes within the banking sector
- Counsel Dmytro Shemelin is praised for assisting with cross-border litigation and arbitration proceedings across a range of sectors including banking. Clients praise his "good approach and practical mind."
Chambers Global is one of the most reputable legal rankings acknowledging the most outstanding law firms and lawyers in over 200 jurisdictions based on the client feedback, research and market data.
Asters is the largest law firm in Ukraine with offices in Kyiv, Washington D.C., London and Brussels.