Oleksiy focuses on M&A, corporate law, litigation and arbitration, insurance, taxation and telecommunications law.
- recommended expert for Telecom & Media
Who's Who Legal: TMT 2017
- leading lawyer in M&A
- highly rated lawyer for corporate / M&A and dispute resolution
Chambers Global 2017
- recommended lawyer for corporate / M&A and dispute resolution
Chambers Europe 2017
- leading lawyer in commercial, corporate and M&A; dispute resolution
The Legal 500: EMEA 2017
- recognized lawyer for corporate, M&A, foreign investment, litigation, project finance and development, information technologies and telecommunications
Best Lawyers 2016
- notable practitioner in corporate / M&A, litigation
Ukrainian Law Firms 2016. A Handbook for Foreign Clients
- highly experienced professional in M&A
Who's Who Legal: M&A 2016
- one of the world's leading practitioners in Government Contracts
Who's Who Legal: Government Contracts 2015
- one of the best experts in Ukraine for technology, media and telecommunications.
Guide to the World's Leading Technology, Media & Telecommunications Lawyers (Expert Guides) 2015
- holder of International Law Office (ILO) Client Choice Award 2014 (Litigation, Ukraine)
- shortlisted as The Best European Managing Partner of the Year
The Lawyer European Awards 2014
- The Best Law Firm Partner of the Year
Legal Awards 2013
- one of the Top 25 leading lawyers in Ukraine
Ukrainian Law Firms 2011. A Handbook for Foreign Clients
- Institute of International Relations of Kyiv National University, 1996.
Languages: English, Russian, Ukrainian.
Membership and Activities:
- International Bar Association;
- Ukrainian Bar Association;
- Kyiv Region Bar Association;
- Arbitrator of the International Arbitral Centre of the Austrian Federal Economic Chamber (Vienna International Arbitral Centre – VIAC) and of the Kazakhstan International Arbitration Court (KIA) of the Chamber of Commerce of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- advised VimpelCom, a leading international telecommunications holding and a parent of the leading Ukrainian mobile telecom operator Kyivstar, on USD 2.2 billion Eurobond issue by its subsidiary VimpelCom Holdings B.V.;
- advised Telenor, a major shareholder of a leading Ukrainian mobile operator Kyivstar G.S.M., on corporate governance issues, litigations commenced by Alfa Group and its affiliates in Ukraine;
- advised E D & F Man Holdings, a major global supplier of food, feeds, and biofuels, on the acquisition and operations of sugar production facilities in Ukraine, including associated corporate, regulatory, and litigation issues, including defending the company's interests in abusive litigation brought by other shareholders;
- advised Molson Coors Brewing Company, one of the world's largest beer companies, on various Ukrainian corporate law issues, including those relating to establishment and operation of a Ukrainian subsidiary;
- advised EDB, a major IT group in the Nordic countries, on various Ukrainian law issues relating to its subsidiaries;
- advised Credit Agricole in connection with collection of a large debt in Ukraine, including associated litigation and enforcement proceedings;
- advised AT&T in connection with licensing and compliance requirements under Ukrainian telecommunications laws;
- advised Russia Partners Investment Fund on the acquisition of Insurance Company "International Insurance Group" and acquisition of Into-Sana Group, a leading private healthcare and insurance service provider in Southern Ukraine;
- advised Sputnik Group, a major Russian and CIS private equity fund, on corporate and insurance law issues, including due diligence of a Ukrainian life insurance subsidiary;
- advised Philip Morris Ukraine on various privacy issues under Ukrainian law;
- advised a leading international steel trader on litigation and a leading international grain trader on recognition and enforcement of an arbitral award in Ukraine;
- advised a global provider of electronic engineering and network solutions in connection with the international restructuring of the company, including its subsidiaries in Ukraine;
- advised a major Ukrainian pharmaceutical company on corporate, employment and competition law issues related to the company restructuring, international debt and equity fund raising perspectives.