Yaroslav focuses on energy law projects (oil & gas, electricity, renewable energy and energy efficiency) and dispute resolution (international arbitration, commercial litigation).
- Recommended lawyer for Energy and Natural Recourses in Ukraine
Chambers Europe 2017
Recommended lawyer in Energy
The Legal 500: EMEA 2017
- Recognized expert in Arbitration
Who's Who Legal 2016
- Rising star
Expert Guides 2015
- Rising star in Energy and Infrastructure
- Notable practitioner for International Arbitration and Energy and Natural Resources
Ukrainian Law Firms 2016
- Leading lawyer for International Arbitration and Energy and Natural Resources
National Ranking Top 50 Law Firms
- Client Choice: The Top 100 Best Lawyers
KyivPost and Yurydychna Gazeta
- Stockholm University (Sweden), LL.M in International Arbitration, 2007;
- Donetsk National University, LL.M in Commercial Law, 2006;
- University of Nebraska at Omaha (USA), International Business and Management, 2004;
- Admitted to the bar in 2009.
Languages: English, Russian, Ukrainian.
Membership and Activities
- Ukrainian Arbitration Association;
- ICDR Young & International;
- LCIA Young International Arbitration Group;
- Kyiv Energy Research Institute;
- Ukrainian Bioenergy Association;
- Ukrainian Wind Energy Association;
- Active in the Energy Committee of the American Chamber of Commerce, Fuel & Energy Committee of the European Business Association;
- Secretary General, Board Member of the Ukrainian Arbitration Association;
- Expert of the Public Council of the National Commission for State Regulation of Energy Sector (NERC);
- National reporter on behalf of Ukraine for KluwerArbitration.com, World Arbitration Reporter, published by Juris Publications, and International Arbitration Case Law project (IACL).
- Vienna International Arbitration Center (VIAC);
- Lithuanian Arbitration Court;
- Kazakhstan International Arbitration.
- advised Eustream, a.s. (Slovak Gas TSO) on the Ukrainian law matters related to reverse gas supply to Ukraine from the Slovak Republic and subsequent preparation of transactional documents executed by Eustream, a.s. with PJSC Ukrtransgaz and NAK Naftogaz Ukrayni;
- advised international traders on export and import of electricity;
- advised on application of EFET contracts for supply of gas to Ukraine;
- advised Nadra Yuzivs'ka LLC in connection with negotiation and execution of the Production Sharing Agreement between Ukraine, Shell and Nadra Yuzivs'ka LLC for hydrocarbons to be produced at the Yuzivs'ka block;
- advised Nadra Oles'ka LLC in connection with negotiation of the Production Sharing Agreement between Ukraine, Chevron and Nadra Oles'ka LLC for hydrocarbons to be produced at the Oles'ka block;
- advised NAK Nadra Ukrayny in connection with negotiation of the Production Sharing Agreement between Ukraine, ExxonMobil, Shell, OMV Petrom and NAK Nadra Ukrayny for hydrocarbons to be produced at the Skifs'ka block;
- performed due diligence of oil and gas companies;
- advised foreign and Ukrainian investors with respect to a legal regime for exploration and production of oil and gas in Ukraine, including licensing, taxing, pricing, options for investment (JAAs, PSAs) and etc.;
- advised investors on regulatory framework for realization of renewable energy and energy efficiency projects in Ukraine;
- advised clients on various matters related to international arbitration, including drafting of arbitration agreements, analysis of arbitration agreements validity;
- represented clients in arbitration proceedings under the Rules of Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce, American Arbitration Association (AAA), Vienna International Arbitration Center (VIAC) and International Commercial Arbitration Court of the Ukrainian Chamber of Commerce and Industry;
- advised clients with respect to global dispute resolution strategy purporting to protect its investments to Ukraine under the Product Sharing Agreement using international commercial, investment arbitration and arbitration under the procedures provided by the Energy Charter Treaty;
- advised clients on anticorruption and compliance matters.