Gabriel has vast experience in banking and finance transactions, project finance, secured lending, syndicated loans and M&A.
listed among the leading lawyers in banking and finance
Chambers Global 2017
recommended lawyer in banking and finance
Chambers Europe 2017
recommended lawyer in banking, finance and capital markets
The Legal 500: EMEA 2017
- Kyiv International University, Master of Law, 2005.
Languages: English, Russian, Ukrainian.
- advised Barclays Capital, Citigroup, Credit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank, Intesa Sanpaolo S.p.A. London Branch, ING Bank N.V. and SACE in connection with restructuring of Interpipe's debt portfolio of USD 887 million;
- advised Sberbank on USD 700 million syndicated financing to Metinvest, the largest metals manufacturing holding in Ukraine;
- advised EBRD, IFC and Black Sea Trade and Development Bank (BSTDB) in connection with USD 190 million and USD 180 million secured financing to Concern Galnaftogaz, a major Ukrainian petroleum distributor;
- advised EBRD in connection with USD 82 million acquisition of 15% of shares of UkrSibbank;
- advised a leading telecommunications company in Russia in connection with the potential acquisition of the main transmission network operator, providing its services in Ukraine, including conducting due diligence;
- advised a foreign investor in connection with the anticipated acquisition of a Ukrainian agricultural group of companies, including conducting due diligence;
- advised IFC in connection with financings to Mriya group of companies, in particular:
- USD 75 million long-term quasi-equity financing and three-year renewable working capital facility;
- USD 35 million three-year renewable working capital facility;
- USD 5 million сleaner production lending facility;
- USD 65 million loan to provide financing for inputs needed for agricultural production and to help Mriya improve its waste management and realize energy efficiencies;
- advised IFC in connection with EUR 54 million debt and equity financing to Axzon A/S, a leading Eastern European pork producer, to support the expansion of Axzon's business in Ukraine;
- advised EBRD in connection with USD 50 million secured loan to CJSC Obolon;
- advised EBRD in connection with USD 139.3 million secured loan facility provided to three Ukrainian subsidiaries of Panorama Group Ltd., a Ukrainian holding company wholly owned by Expert Capital S.A.;
- advised EBRD in connection with USD 79 million loan to EnergoMashSpetsStal (EMSS), one of Ukraine's major machine-building companies;
- advised EBRD in connection with USD 50 million revolving loan facility to limited liability company "Alfred C. Toepfer International (Ukraine)", a member of Toepfer Group, which is one of the world's leading agricultural commodity trading companies specialising in trading of agricultural products;
- advised EBRD in connection with USD 50 million long-term loan to Novus for financing the expansion of its retail chain in Ukraine;
- advised EBRD in connection with the financing of multiple renewable energy projects in Ukraine;
- advised IFC and EBRD in a number of secured loan facilities provided to other Ukrainian companies in various sectors;
- advised Coal Energy S.A., a Luxemburg-based holding running ten coal mines and recycling and processing plants in Ukraine, in connection with USD 70 million financing provided by EBRD.